Tuesday 3 December 2013

Back to the Redpath

I was in Montreal last weekend and lined up a visit with my friend Marc Taro Holmes.  He's one of the Urban Sketcher ringleaders and is always up to go sketching.  I learn something from him every time I talk to him. This time it was about self publishing companies and software for layouts.

It was grey and cold outside so we headed to the Redpath Museum which is an anachronism.  Its a sort of Victorian curio cabinet with bits and pieces of natural history, dinosaur bones, animals and cultural artifacts. It would make a great location for a movie.

We found ourselves attracted to some of the stuffed animals and birds at one end of the main hall.   We both did about a dozen sketches and Marc cleverly electronically composed his individual drawings into a montage....see what I mean about learning from him?

No comments:

Post a Comment