Wednesday 27 February 2013

Tidying up the Excavation

Down in the Cathedral Hill excavation, there is a pile of rock rubble yet to be lifted out of the hole.  There is a little bit of chipping for the last few pits for elevators, columns and the tower crane pad.  We'll be seeing concrete and steel within days.

Lauder Hall appears to be perched way up high on top of a cliff.  It's foundations were underpinned with concrete to prevent them form eroding out before the new garage can be built and grade restored.

4 comments:

  1. John..I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your sketches of the construction work. Sketches are great and have my interest. I find it fascinating how construction keeps going through the cold winter months. Keep the sketches coming, they make a great series.

    Cheers Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the encouragement Dave. It's the 'Bob the Builder' side of me.

      Delete
    2. John.. i get fascinated by the big construction equipment - looks lie a lot of fun to sketch.
      Your sketches are starting to get very clen and crisp and I like the colours you are using.
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. John - thanks for the sketches! An ad for Cathedral Hill popped up on my computer last week, and I was wondering how things were moving along. How about some sketches of Rideau Street? ;)

    ReplyDelete