Wednesday 14 December 2011

Fifth Avenue Doors

It has been slow in coming this year, but its finally below zero.  I'm having to find locations where I can draw from the car, or just do quick studies while standing, before my hand ceases up. I actually had to finish blacking in the windows indoors as it was cold enough that the ink in my my pen was not flowing.  Maybe its time to switch to pencil!

I often pass by these elegant doors to walk-up apartments in my neighbourhood  and finally took a few minutes to stop and sketch them. I made a mistake in trying to black in the transom window of the Grenville apartment as the building name is in a flowing 30's style script...should have added it larger.  In fact the detailing of several of the elements would warrant vignettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment