Sunday 28 October 2012

Darn Tough Socks

Sometimes it's the little things in life that matter.  Other times the little things become big things...like my favourite socks.  I have several pair and hide them from my boys who regularly raid my sock drawer.

 I have a pal who represents several outdoor products and on occasion he puts samples my way.  The auger tent pegs, the water bottle with solar charged light in the top, the waterproof sleeve for my phone - all useful for an outdoorsy guy, but these socks are far and beyond the best.

They're made of very fine merino wool and don't itch. They aren't knit so much as engineered.  The sole is thicker than the top, the heel and toe are shaped and the ribs over the ankle are smooth on the inside so you your skin doesn't look like you've been extruded after wearing them all day. The machines that do the knitting must be amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment