Tuesday 31 January 2012

View from the Western Cabin


















On Sunday I returned to Western along the Ridge Road and did this sketch while having a snack.   This is the view from one of the window tables from high up on the Eardley Escarpment  out over the Ottawa Valley.  The river is very wide here, but hard to point out as it is frozen over and covered in snow.  I  was happily drawing this while listening to a pack of serious skiiers discuss the  Canadian Ski Martahon - these guys were training with full packs as they are in the 'Couiers de Bois'  Gold class which in addition to skiing the full 160 km. sleep outside overnight during the 2 day event. Luckily they didn't embarrass me my asking about my route that day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch John. I like the indoors/outdoors framing. And the story.

    ReplyDelete