Monday 8 June 2020

Outdoor Room

I ran into my friend Matt the other day in the ferry line up.  He had been working with a contractor pal, building a dock and commented that the island was "bucolic".   An apt term and particularly appropriate to describe the porch in the sketch.

I had noticed it the day before, but as its such a domestic space it seemed intrusive to sketch it - almost like looking into someone's living room.  But luckily, the next day the owner was sitting out with friends and I asked for permission to draw -  not only out of courtesy but because it can look a little creepy to be parked in a car staring out the window at someone's home.   I was welcomed and even offered a drink - that seems to be a consistent vibe in the village.  Visitors Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment