Tuesday 7 January 2020

Choral Evensong

I spent a few days in Victoria BC last week and was able to slide into Christ Church Cathedral for their Coral Evensong.  I always enjoy the simplicity and serenity of evensong and, no surprise, the building's acoustics served admirably. And better yet, there were enough people attending, that I could sing without exposing my vocal ineptitude.

Normally, I'm not much for Cathedrals by way of places of worship , but the varied choices of the seventeen services per week intrigued me and I will return, should I have the chance.

On a more technical note, I wanted to emphasise the height of the columns by exaggerating the taper, but didn't get it quite right, in terms of their relationship to each other. If I could, I'd deek in and play with that concept some quite afternoon and find a way to avoid alarming any structural engineers looking at the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment